Hey guys,
First off I just wanted to thank you guys b/c its really nice to be excited about something but its so much better when others are excited with u and u can share that excitement with them… so I just wanted to thank u guys for squeeing with me yesterday!
As for last night… the show was amazing… Stephanie, Megan and of course Allison were all amazing… I’m really hoping to be able to see the show again… I had never seen the movie so I didn’t know anything about the plot at all so I was so excited that the theme was about feminism and women taking control and living in a man’s world…my kinda theme… it was also just great to see Allison playing a role in which a woman was struggling to be taken seriously in “the boy’s club”- it was just such a great comparison piece to CJ- who I think at the beginning in a lot of ways was also trying to prove herself- you know until she was able to leap frog right over the men into the CoS position :-)
There’s an amazing number in the 2nd act staring Allison- “One of the Boys” she’s amazing- I think I put a link to part of it on my profile… and theres a hilarious scene where the 3 women get high together… I was sitting there thinking to myself omg I so want to get high with Allison…
After the show I ran out of the theater as quickly as possibly not sure how many pple would be waiting and how quickly they would come out… the show ended at a bit after 10 or so… my friend who I was with kept reminding me that she had to wake up early for work the next morning and was only gonna hang out waiting for a few minutes… I somehow got her to wait with me till 10:45 but none of the stars had come out yet…
At this point a few guys from inside came out with a camera- the first group of pple lined up right near the stage door (there was one of those barricade things so we were all kinda waiting along side in) was a theater group from Alabama (I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone from Alabama and woah- the accents you hear on tv and in movies are real)- the camera men loved them and had them singing 9 to 5 together and talking to each of them about what they liked about the show and whatnot… they then went down the line- I got to talk about how empowering of a show I thought it was- not sure what else I said- I was rambling for a bit… the camera man said theyre talking to pple to use in ads and on youtube and stuff so who knows… as the camera man walked on I think the Alabama crew got restless so they started singing seasons of love- which- they were actually pretty good- but it was kinda random and I don’t think the camera guy was all that happy since it could have been ending up in the background of the video he was making for a diff musical… he walked back over to them and kinda just smiled and they got the hint and were like “oh wrong show” lol
Meanwhile I was holding my pic of Allison- the one with her sitting in a chair with a white top and navy pants and an open tie around her neck… (thank u Victoria for sending it to me!!!) the camera crew was saying how she’s one of the nicest actresses that they’ve ever worked with…
At about 11:20ish or so Stephanie came out which got a lot of screams… she stopped for a while to speak to the Alabama crowd… she signed my playbill and when she saw the pic I had of Allison she commented on how beautiful she is and I was like “she’s my hero” (ok so at this pt I was def just overly excited b/c while Allison is an amazing actress and played a major role model in my life for a lot of years- I know next to nothing about Allison and cant really call her a full blown hero but whatever) and Stephanie started saying how nice she is and how its so amazing to work with her…
About 15 or so minutes later Megan came out- this also got a lot of cheers- the Alabama crowd went crazy again- and she posed for pics with a lot of them- and again when she saw my pic of allison made a comment about how amazingly nice she is and how wonderful it is to work with her…
And finally at about 11:45 Allison came out… I think I might have screamed when she came out- its possible I jumped up and down and im kinda really happy that she was focused on the Alabama crowd and didn’t notice… the 10 yr old girl next to me noticed though and was laughing- she had been watching me for my response to seeing her after hearing me talk to like every other actor in the show about her… lol
She spent a lot of time with Alabama crowd- she took pics with each of them individually-signed whatever they handed her- spoke to them for a bit about acting and took a group pic with them… she was all smiley and apologized for taking so long to come out… she really was just so sweet…
I handed my playbill to the mother of the 10 yr old next to me so that I could have her sign both my playbill and my pic of her… when she walked up to me I was just like “hi” and handed her the pic and she smiled when she saw it and held it up to show others and kinda danced around with it and was like “wow I haven’t seen this old pic in a while… it always seems to pop back up again” while she was signing it I just kinda blurted out “I majored in political science because of you” this got her to look up and she just looked at me and said “that was the most amazing experience and its affected me so much and its so wonderful to hear that its affected you as well” and then I started rambling on again to the tune of “and you’re such a wonderful actress and I loved prop 8 the musical and juno and just thank you so much” (ok whats funny is that I just saw prop 8 last week and I saw juno a few weeks ago- and I didn’t mention hairspray or primary colors or the hours or finding nemo… but whatever) anyways she was totally not phased by my rambling and just had this huge smile on her face and said thank you… and then I asked if we could take a pic together and she said sure so she did this crouch thing (Caileigh if I wasn’t in a total haze I prob would have thought of you) and she handed me back my pic and sharpie and smiled at me again and then went on to the next person…
I walked away in a total haze and then I turned the corner on the street and realized I was standing in the exact spot where CJ kissed Donovan and I was just so overwhelmed as it all hit me and I just kinda started hyperventilating (thank G-d away from where anyone else could see me) and just kept walking to the bus and started almost crying and just freaking out (Caileigh- this is when I left u the rambling and most likely incoherent message)…
I basically freaked out the whole bus ride home… and then when I got off the bus I put on “I’m too sexy” in honor of CJ and basically since no one in Passaic is out at 1 in the morning danced my way home while singing- yeah im a major dork… lol
Anyways that was my night…
For those of you coming to NY to see the show- u don’t need to run to get to the stage door super fast- she seemed to be spending time with everyone so I don’t think it matters when u get there- and basically everyone was up front b/c pple didn’t want to wait that long to see her…so a lot of pple left before they came out… and be prepared to wait outside for a while…
And now back to my previously scheduled program known as work…
Kabs :-)
Cathy O'Donnell
April 14 at 10:09am
Reply
Aww wow, that sounds amazing! You had to wait a loooong time tho...I might rethink my plan to wear heels!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the show as well...and the songs (written by Dolly!!)...it sounds awesome!
So did you have to climb over the barrier to have your pic with her?!
Rebecca Kabat
April 14 at 1:34pm
Cathy- i wouldnt suggest heals... i personally was wearing knee high CJ inspired black boots w a black skirt...
no climbing over barricades... the person taking the pic (the mother of the 10 yr old who also got my playbill signed for me) stood along side the barricade thing and then allison and i were on either side of it...
oh and i forgot in my run down of the night- when i got out there i was so excited that i un did the top of my sharpie marker- i wanted to be all ready- but by the time we waited so long and they came out it had dried up- thank G-d i realized the problem with Stephanie coming out... i was btw so proud of myself for not freaking out and just kinda looked around for someone standing close by who had a sharpie... there were 2 women next to me but she had a pink one which would have clashed with teh red in the pic but i think her friend saw my dilemma and pulled a black sharpie out of her backpack and said that they might not stay but that i could just have the sharpie...
so really big shout out to mother/daughter team next to me for the pic and extra autograph and to the 2 randoms who waited long enough for my sharpie to run out but not for Allison to come out...
Victoria Cartwright
April 14 at 4:51pm
Reply
woooohooooo!!!! great story kabs thank you for sharing!!
Caileigh Scott
April 15 at 5:48pm
Reply
Omg, that's soooooooooooooooooo amazing!! I have been watching S7 a lot lately, which is so CJ-centred, and it's just so wonderful that you got to meet her and thank her personally!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I am at work, but have more thoughts on your awesome night!!
Rebecca Kabat
April 16 at 10:29pm
it was seriously amazing... i couldnt stop talking about it these poast few days with the pple i was with- meanwhile one of my friends had the audacity to ask me if this met i was over gillian anderson- at which pt i was happy to be able to smile and reply "oh no for gillian im flying to london to see her in a play" lol!!
CJ is so awesome as CoS in seasons 6 and 7... so hard core... yay for strong independent womyn!!!
1 comment:
Woww...just reading this got my blood pressure rising in excitment!
So Jealous... l hate living in Australia because of this.
Allison is so wonderful listening to people bable...l would be doing the exact same thing!
Wonderful Actress and Person!
Post a Comment